First of all, always ask yourself: I read the documentation(s) provide by the developer?
How to report a bug
Open a new bug report for each issue!
Only so an effective bugfix-workflow will be possible.
Other details you should heed
- Figure out the steps to reproduce a bug:
- If you have precise steps to reproduce - great! - you're on your way to reporting a useful bug report;
- If you can reproduce occasionally, but not after following specific steps, you must provide additional information for the bug to be useful;
- If you can't reproduce the problem, there's probably no use in reporting it, unless you provide unique information about its occurrence;
- Make sure your software is up to date. Ideally, test an in-development version to see whether your bug has already been fixed (e.g. Unity Patch Release and Unity Download).
- When reporting a bug from an Asset of App Advisory, first check if you can reproduce the bug in a fresh project (by creating a new project, and reimport the asset from the Asset Store, and check if the project works. If yes, you certainly made something wrong, and so it's not a bug). If the bug only happens in your existing project, try to figure out what is going wrong and identify all the steps who are needed to reproduce the bug.
- If the bug seems egregious (i.e. obviously affecting a large portion of users), there's probably something unusual about your setup that's a necessary part of the steps to reproduce the bug. You have much better chances of figuring it out than a developer who does not have access to your system.
- If the bug falls into one of specific types of bugs listed in a section below, it may still be be useful even if you can't reproduce it in a new Firefox profile.
- If you have multiple issues, please file separate bug reports.
How would you describe the bug using approximately 10 words? This is the first part of your bug report a triager or developer will see.
A good summary should quickly and uniquely identify a bug report. It should explain the problem, not your suggested solution.
- Good: "Cancelling a File Copy dialog crashes File Manager"
- Bad: "Software crashes"
- Good: "Down-arrow scrolling doesn't work in <textarea> styled with overflow:hidden"
- Bad: "Browser should work with my web site"
How can a developer reproduce the bug on his or her own computer?
Steps to reproduce are the most important part of any bug report. If a developer is able to reproduce the bug, the bug is very likely to be fixed. If the steps are unclear, it might not even be possible to know whether the bug has been fixed.
|What should you include in a bug report?||Good (precise) example||Bad (imprecise)|
|Indicate whether you can reproduce the bug at will, ocasionally, or not at all.||I can reproduce by following these steps:|
Describe your method of interacting with the asset in addition to the intent of each step.
1. Start the game by clicking on the start icon
|The menu doesn't work|
After your steps, precisely describe the observed (actual) result and the expected result. Clearly separate facts (observations) from speculations.
|Expected results: My menu UI displays correctly.
Actual results: My menu UI doesn't respond to touch event
"It doesn't work"
"Bug in the menu"
The following information is requested for most bug reports. You can save time by providing this information below the Expected results. If you need to attach multiple files, you can do so after submitting the report.
If you have editor error(s), always provide us the full logs (Debug windows).
If you have crash on devices: please provide us device logs (via XCode for iOS, log cat on Android etc...).
We can't help you without this informations.